Microneedling Sublative Therapy
Through a series of treatments, Radiofrequency Microneedling Sublative™ Rejuvenation improves the texture of your skin. During your consultation, the clinical nurse specialist will review the potential benefits of the treatment, and the few risks that are associated with the treatment. It is important that you read the information contained in these sheets carefully and completely.
During the Radiofrequency Microneedling Sublative™ Rejuvenation treatment, fractionated bipolar radiofrequency (RF) is directed into the skin in the form of a matrix scan pattern. The bipolar RF heats the dermis and stimulates cells called fibroblasts. New collagen and healthy skin cells are produced, softening the appearance of acne scars, pore size, and mild to moderate texture concerns. This creates a smoother overall skin texture. In a matter of weeks, your skin will begin to radiate a healthier, fresher, and more youthful appearance. This treatment can be combined with IPL, which reduces sun damage and redness, and/or the skin tightening Sublime™ treatment, which helps to tighten skin laxity along the jawline and neck.
Who is not a good candidate?
If you are pregnant, have been on Accutane within three months, or have an active cold sore, you should not have this procedure. You should advise use of all oral and topical medications that you are currently using prior to treatment, as some medications are photosensitizing and Radiofrequency Microneedling Sublative™ Rejuvenation should not be performed while you are taking such medications. If you are tanned, or have recently been exposed to the sun in the area to be treated, you may be more susceptible to potential side effects, such as blisters or crusts. Your treatment may also need to be reduced in intensity or postponed until the tan fades. In addition, patients with pacemakers, metal implants, or internal defibrillators should not have this procedure.
Every medical procedure involves a certain amount of risk and it is important that you understand the risks involved with Radiofrequency Microneedling Sublative™ Rejuvenation. Although the vast majority of patients rarely experience these complications, the following is written to help you understand the minor risks of this procedure.
- Discomfort: This is an easily tolerated office procedure. A numbing cream is applied to your skin 30 minutes prior to the treatment. You may experience a minor degree of a warm, snapping sensation during the treatment.
- Redness: Redness and some minimal puffiness of the skin will follow the treatment, and typically lasts 3-5 days. Treat your skin as if you have a mild sunburn during this time. You may wear makeup 12 hours after the treatment. Do not use any glycolic acids or Retin-A products for at least a week post-procedure.
- Bruising: It is rare to experience bruising from a treatment. Avoid aspirin (ASA), ibuprofen, or other blood-thinning medications prior to the treatment, if possible, to minimize the chance of bruising.
- Skin Injury, Infection, and Scarring: Uncommonly, a skin wound such as superficial blistering or scabbing can occur. These heal within 2-14 days. Use of an antibiotic ointment on a regular basis usually results in uneventful healing. There is a less than 0.5% possibility of a skin wound leaving behind a permanent scar. It is also rare for an infection to occur since the skin is not usually broken.
- Microcrusting: You will notice small pinpoint crusts throughout the treated area. Over a period of 3-5 days, these microcrusts will begin to slough off. Do not use any exfoliants or pick at them, as this could lead to a skin injury.
- Sun Sensitivity: Proper sun protection with a physical block, such as zinc oxide or titanium dioxide (minimum SPF 30), is important, as your skin will be more sun sensitive for one month post-treatment.
Multiple treatments & maintenance
Pre- and post-treatment photos are taken to document and monitor your skin’s transformation. Daily use of ZO Skin Health ® medical grade skincare will assist in maintaining your skin’s healthy glow. Year-round mineral zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide SPF 30 sunblock is essential to protect your skin from future sun damage and collagen breakdown.
To maintain your skin’s radiant, healthy rejuvenation, it is recommended that you have a maintenance treatment every 3-6 months.
Providers For This Service